Share This Post: parts of Metro Manila are still in shambles, so let’s help whoever we can, and share whatever we have –Renzie Baluyut.
As bad as things are now in Metro Manila, what with Typhoon Ondoy /Ketsana crashing down on us all a couple of days ago, it’s a sad fact that there are people worse off than us who need our help.
Case in point: I live in Pasig City. The floodwaters have actually gone into my apartment and made a mess out of things, but that is nothing compared to people whose houses were flooded all the way up to the roof and had to wait it out ’til the next day for food, warmth and rescue. Or those whose cars were swept away by the surge of floodwater, or were completely submerged in water-filled basement parking lots. Or those who were literally trapped in their homes because they had children and babies with them, floating around in murky waters until the next day.
As you can see, my problems are more of a nuisance, really, rather than an actual lamentable concern, compared to our more unfortunate countrymen.
At the time I write this, close to a hundred lives have already been claimed by Typhoon Ondoy /Ketsana. Several more remain missing and unaccounted for, and thousands of people were displaced by the deluge.
We all pitch in, and help however we can.
I urge you to do what you can to help as well. Spread the word, tell others about what had happened here.
If you want to help out some more, please read on.
There’s a spreadsheet right here you can check out: http://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=tBMVeBvbdAtYRaRB6ErFWnA, that tells you where you can donate what items, where to volunteer, which items are needed more immediately, and other notes and requests.
Other ways you can help
1. Check out the Philippine National Red Cross. Quite possibly, the best place you can send donations, whether you’re in the Philippines, or elsewhere in the world. Get all the details on how you can send donations right here from the official website.
2. TXTPOWER.org. Check out their website here. You can send donations via Paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking here), through GCash (0917-9751092), or using SmartMoney (5577-5144-1866-7103).
3. Other channels available: Check out the blog of our dear friend, Jane, over at “Here’s To Life!”. She constantly updates this particular post, so you have all the options you need for helping out.
Most urgent needs
* Food items: Rice, noodles, canned goods, sugar, iodized salt, cooking oil, monggo beans and potable water
* Medicines: Paracetamol, antibiotics, analgesic, oral rehydration salts, multivitamins and medications to treat diarrheal diseases
* Non-food items: Bath soaps, face towels, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, plastic mats, blankets, mosquito nets, jerry cans, water containers, water purification tablets, plastic sheetings, and Laundry soap
4. There are establishments and organizations on a previous post of mine in need of volunteers and relief goods as well. Any assistance you can throw their way would be very much appreciated.
Businesses/ Commercial Establishments
1. 7-11 stores
2. Alabang Town Center drop off goods at the concierge.
3. Aranaz Stores in Rockwell & Greenbelt is accepting donations of any kind for Payatas communities affected by Ondoy
4. Binalot at Greenbelt 1, call Tetchie Bundalian at (+632922-8573277)
5. Brainbeam Events, Inc. 2/F MB Aguirre Cornerhs Bldg,15 Pres Ave cor Elizalde Sts, BF Homes Paranaque across the old Caltex in BF. Will accept relief goods.
6. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf will be accepting canned goods, water, clothes, blankets, towels, medicine, and emergency supplies (no cash) in all our branches on behalf of the victims of Typhoon Ondoy starting today until Friday. Your generosity will be much appreciated during this difficult time for our brothersand sisters in need.
7. Fantastik Manila – send donations to 5729 Calasanz St. Barangay Olympia Makati City Telephone Numbers +632-7290530 or +632-5017405
8. Jollibee branches in Metro Manila – drop off point
9. Luca stores (Rockwell, Shang-rila, Eastwood, or GA towers): Send your old clothes & donations (no cash please).
10. Manor Superclub, Eastwood City will accept goods and other emergency items starting Sunday at 10 am.
11. Ministop IBARRA (Espana cor. Blumentritt, Sampaloc Manila) is also accepting relief goods, Food (non-perishable goods only) Clothing, Medicines, Beds, Pillows, Blankets, Emergency Supplies to help Typhoon Ondoy victims.
12. Moonshine boutique in Rockwell also accepting relief good to help Ondoy victims in Marikina and Cainta.
13. Myron’s Greenbelt will accept relief goods
14. Papemelroti stores in 91 Roces Ave. / Ali Mall Cubao / SM City North EDSA / SM Fairview / SM Megamall / Glorietta 3 in Makati / SM Centerpoint / SM Southmall are accepting relief goods (canned goods / milk / bottled water / clothes – NO CASH pls.)
15. Philippine Daily Inquirer – 1098 Chino Roces Ave. corner Mascardo and Yague Streets, Makati City and to any of its classified ads branches, and to any McDonald’s branch within Metro Manila. Donations in kind, such as instant noodles, canned goods, formula milk, blankets and clothes, are urgently needed.
16. PowerPlant Mall accepting donations for ABS-CBN foundation. Dropoff at admin office, P1 level.
17. Red Kimono restaurants – has branches in Pasig, Pampanga, Quezon City and Taguig City. Will accept canned goods, bottled water, clothing for all ages, basic household items.
18. R.O.X. – Recreational Outdoor eXchange is accepting donation for relief good for Typhoon Ondoy victims. You can bring it in the store located in B1 building Bonifacio High St., Tel. No. (+632-8564638/39)
19. Shell gas stations – drop off point
20. Smart Wireless Centers – SM Fairview, SM North EDSA, Gateway Mall Cubao, AliMall Cubao, SM Megamall, SM Muntinlupa, SM Bicutan, SM Sucat, Festival Mall Alabang, Alabang Town Center and SM Southmall. Will accept cash or goods.
21. Team Manila stores in Trinoma, Mall of Asia, Jupiter Bel-Air and Rockwell shall be accepting relief goods (Canned Goods, Ready-to-drink Milk,Bottled Water and Clothes) for distribution by Veritas.
22. Total gas stations- drop off point
23. Unimart will receive all cash and in-kind donations to be transferred to LSGH Gate 2.
24. Vivere Suites 5102 Ridgeway Avenue, Fil-Invest Corporate City, Alabang, Muntinlupa City. Contact (+632-7… for inquiries or drop off at concierge area. Will accept relief goods.
25. Whitespace 2314 Chino Roces Ave Ext as a Makati drop-off for relief goods.
Government/ Civil Society/ Movements
1. Victory Fort is opening its doors to those affected by the typhoon. Call 813-FORT.
2. ABS-CBN through Banco de Oro account number 56300-20111 account name: ABS-CBN Foundation Incorporation
3. Akbayan’s taking donations, call 433-69-33/433-68-31 to donate or volunteer.
4. Brgy. San Antonio Bgy Hall near Paranaque City Hall (Sta. Lucia St. corner San Pablo St., San Antonio Valley 1, Paranaque. Drop off point.
5. Citizens Disaster Response Center (CDRC): Relief goods for typhoon victims being accepted at 72-A Times St., West Triangle, QC. Tel (+632-9299820/22)
6. Department of Social Welfare and Development donation drop off points: National Resource Operations Center, Chapel Road, Pasay City (Contact: Mrs. Francon Favian) / Quezon City Area Disaster Resource Operations Monitoring and Info Center (DROMIC). Contact Rey Martija or Imee Rose Castillo, Tel Nos. (+632-9517119 ) or Assistant Secretary Vilma Cabrera Tel No. (+632918-9345625)
7. Kabataan Partylist Drop off donations or volunteer at 118-B Sct. Rallos QC. (+632926-6677163) or email@example.com
8. Sen. Kiko Pangilinan is accepting donations @ AGS Bldg Annex, 446 EDSA Guadalupe Viejo. Contact Vina Vargas at (+632917-8081247)
9. Luzon Relief: Donations can be brought to RENAISSANCE FITNESS CENTER, 2nd Floor, Bramante Building, Renaissance Towers Ortigas, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City starting MONDAY (Sept.28) / 9am – 7pm Contact Person: Warren Habaluyas (+632929-8713488) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Marika Bouncers Coop – 95 Malaya St., Malanday, Marikina : will accept donations starting Sept. 28 at 10 AM
11. Miriam Quiambao drop off point: One Orchard Road Building in Eastwood, or message http://www.twitter.com/miriamq for more details.
12. Move for Chiz is asking for volunteers and donations at Bay Park Tent, along Roxas Blvd., beside Max Restaurant and Diamond Hotel in Manila, or at Gilas Minipark at Unang Hakbang St., Gilas Q.C.
13. NoyMar relief Operations: Clare Amador (+639285205508) or Jana Vicente at +63928…). Drop off for relief donations is at Balay Expo Center across Farmers Market Cubao.
14. Operation Rainbow (Zac Faelnar Camara) at Ayala Alabang Village needs Canned Goods, Ready-To-Eat Food, Bottled Water, Ready-To-Drink Milk/ Juice, Clothing, Blankets, contact
15. Philippine Army Gym inside Fort Bonifacio or GHQ Gym in Camp Aguinaldo are now distributing donations for Ondoy Victims.
16. Red Cross Load Donations: Right now the easiest way to make donations from the seat of your chair is via mobile phone load. The Red Cross Rescue and Relief Operations. Text: RED<space>AMOUNT to 2899 (Globe) or 4483 (Smart)
17. Relief Efforts for Pasig at Valle Verde 1 Village Park, contact (+632916-4945000, +632917-5273616)
18. Relief Operations Center at AGS Annex, #446 EDSA Guadalupe Viejo after PET Tower contact Ares at (+632917-8554935) or Rachel at (+632918-9241636)
19. Sagip Kapamilya hotlines (+632-4132667, +632-4160387) #13 Examiner St. West Triangle, QC. and Scout Mayoran, cor. Morato, near Alex III.
20. Tulong Bayan hotlines for donations and volunteers are (+632908-6579998) Marilyn, (+632939-3633436) Jenn (+632-9137122, +632-9136254 & +632-9…).
21. World Vision partners with Phil Coast Guard and kind individuals for relief distribution to 3k families. Call (+632-3747618 local 242) or text (+632917-8623209) to help.
22. Worldvision Foundation is also accepting donations/volunteers to pack relief goods in QC. For $-donations, BPI:USDacct #4254-0050-08
Religious/ Schools & Universities
1. Assumption College San Lorenzo is now accepting donations. Please drop them off at the AC guardhouse.
2. Ateneo de Manila University is now accepting donations for the victims of Ondoy. Donations can be dropped at MVP Lobby. For those stranded/those who need help: To all students who need help or know of people who need help. Please text the name, location, and contact number to (+6329088877166). ATENEO, which is now an open shelter, accepts refugees. Call (+632917-8952792)
3. Ateneo Law School – Rockwell. Looking for donations and volunteers. 20 Rockwell Drive, Rockwell Center, Makati City. Call (+632-8997691 to 96)
4. Caritas Manila Office at Jesus St., Pandacan Manila near Nagtahan Bridge
5. CCF Ortigas St Francis Mall Room 402
6. CFC Center Ortigas is now open for donations in cash or kind. Call or text (+632922-2542819)
7. De La Salle University-Manila – The Sagip Metro relief operation will start to accept donation for Ondoy victims starting Monday @ 8:30 am. Please bring goods to the South Gate of DLSU-Manila.
8. De La Salle Zobel will be accepting donations tomorrow at Gym 5 (Near Gate 7 in Molave St.)
9. DLSU Medical Center will accept canned goods, blankets, clothes, water. Location is at Congressional Avenue, Dasmarinas, Cavite.
10. Hillsborough Village Chapel – Water, blankets, shoes, and clothes may be sent to Hillsborough Village Chapel in Muntinlupa City. These will go to families whose houses were washed out in the nearby sitios.
11. La Salle Greenhills for Greenhills/Mandaluyong/San Juan Area, if you want to help out with the rescue and relief operations, you can drop off your donations (clothes, food, etc..) at LSGH Gate 2 or volunteer from 9am to receive, sort, repack the donations.
12. Our Lady of Pentecost Parish (+632-9290665) per Gabe Mercado, donations are very much welcome. The Parish is located at 12 F. Dela Rosa corner C. Salvador Sts., Loyola Heights, Quezon City.
13. Peace Retreat Movement – leave all donations at the Peace Retreat Movement (PRM) office, 2F, Rm. 72L, Christ the King (HS) Bldg. on Wednesday, Sept 30, 12noon
14. Playschool International in Better Living is open to receive relief goods. Feel free to drop it there for your convenience. No Cash Pls.
15. Radio Veritas at Veritas Tower West Ave. Cor EDSA (+632-9257931-40)
16. San Beda College of Arts and Sciences Student Council – accepting clothes, meds, water, canned goods, soap, money, etc.
17. Santuario de San Antonio Parish – McKinley Road, Forbes Park. Accepting all kinds of relief goods. Contact JJ Yulo or Mike Yuson
18. Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan Task Force Noah, a disaster response arm of the Jesuits, is accepting donations. Please drop it off sa Ateneo Cervini Dorm.
19. Southville International School and Colleges – will only accept goods. (+632915-5385113, +632915-4151319)
20. St. James Church Multi-Purpose Hall – Drop off point
21. St. Pedro Poveda College is now accepting relief goods. call the Social Action Center (+63… loc. 121)
22. UA&P Please contact Dae Lee [SEB EVP] at (+632917-8323533) needs donations and volunteers.
23. UP Sigma Alpha Nu Sorority MANILA – collecting food, water and toiletries. You may drop them off at unit 12-O One Adriatico Place, Ermita Manila or contact (+632917-8857188, +632917-6659948).
24. UP College of Arts and Letters (CAL) is accepting goods and cash. Donation center at CAL/text (+632929-6454102).
25. UP Diliman USC is collecting food, clothing and/or cash. Contact TITUS (+632917-8001909), JOSE (+632927-3056607) and TIN (+632915-4906106)
26. UP’s OVCCA accepting donations of relief goods starting tomorrow. Please help by disseminating this info. Contact (+632-9282947).
27. Katipunan Avenue. Contact Erica Paredes at (+632917-4741930) — they need bread, packed juice, sandwich filling (tuna, chicken, anything) You can help her make them, deliver the sandwiches to her house, or help her distribute! Call for more details.
28. Valle Verde Mansions – 135 CAPT. HENRY JAVIER ST. BRGY. ORANBO, PASIG. This is near ULTRA for relief drop-off
29. Xavier School in San Juan is now accepting donations, please bring to Multipurpose Center (MPC).
1. MAKATI: 5729 Calasanz St., Olympia Makati City or call for pick up at (+632-5017405 or +632-7290530) c/o Omel Santos
2. SOUTH: Accepting relief goods in SOUTH AREA. Please contact Anne at (+632915-2854240)
3. Karen Ang of Pasig 3 Kagandahan corner Kabutihan Streets, Kawilihan Village, Pasig (+632920-9520900) will forward donated relief goods to Red Cross
4. Colleen Manabat (Heartrio Prints) of Angeles City will accept bottled water, canned goods, blankets, clothes, medicines from 9 AM to 6PM. Address is Stall 2 MGY Building, 2444 Sto. Entierro St, Sto. Cristo, Angeles City. She will forward the donations to Sagip Kapamilya – ABS-CBN Foundation.
5. Joseph Castillo of Cebu – will send a 20 ft. container to Manila and is looking for donations from Cebuanos. Get in touch with him through (+6329082368999 or +632932-2117111)
6. Bianca – will pick up donations from Greenhills/San Juan area. Donate food, medicine, or clothing. Call (+632-4123861, +632927-8436002)
7. Kelly & Jodge – Colonade Residences, Legaspi St. corner C. Palanca, Makati City. Will accept relief goods.
8. Omel Santos – 5729 Calasanz St., Olympia Makati City. Call (+632-5017405 or +632-7290530). Drop off point for donations. Also willing to pick up.
9. RJ Ledesma and friends – call us at (+632917-8131601) for pick of donations. Only relief goods
Just doing the best we can at this hour of great need.
You can also check out my previous posts on Typhoon Ondoy /Ketsana here.
- A list of relief and rescue/information hot lines, as well as other links and resources on all things Typhoon Ondoy /Ketsana.
- Get an idea of how bad things were the day Typhoon Ondoy /Ketsana hit Metro Manila; check out the chatter I was monitoring on Facebook at the time.
- Pictures the day Typhoon Ondoy /Ketsana came crashing down on an unsuspecting city.
- My personal thoughts on the entire Typhoon Ondoy /Ketsana disaster.