notes on cost-friendly travel, with Renzie Baluyut.
Traveling is great. In fact, almost everyone wants to go around the world, do some sightseeing, and soak up on some culture just by doing so.
Jetting all over the world, however, is a rather costly endeavor. Most of us do have to worry about staying within a budget, or think about the upcoming credit card statement.
Here are a few tips on how to get your airfare for less:
– Timing is everything. As a rule of thumb, try to get your tickets as early as you can- at least 22 days in advance. Airline ticket prices typically go up 21 days, 14 days, 7 days and 3 days just before flying.
– The best fares are usually available on Wednesday between 12MN and 1AM. Next to this, you can still find some pretty good deals on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
– Try to play around with your arrival and departure dates. Shifting your itinerary around can make a significant difference in fares.
– Do some online research. There are a number of websites you might want to visit just to do some shopping and to compare rates. Fare differences might amount to the hundreds, so you may want to visit two or three sites just to be sure.
– Before you finally make that purchase, head on over to the airlines’ official website. There are usually deals and promotional rates not advertised on other sites.
Also check out this video on How To Get Cheap Airfare.
This video courtesy of HowCast. Check out my Howcast profile and network with me, and learn a few new things while you’re at it.
You may also want to check out my other articles on Travel and Leisure.