First of all, I’d like to fill you in on what has happened with my Globelines landline and internet connection. As you all know, I’ve written up a post not too long ago on how long it took for Globe to restore my connections at home. So here are some updates:
- My landline and broadband internet connection had been restored seventeen (17) days after complaining.
- Apparently some switch just outside my apartment door had been tampered with. Can’t tell for sure if some neighbor was toying around with it, or some previous tech team from Globe left it that way.
- My connections have been running smoothly since then.
- Lastly, Globe had adjusted my bill for this month; they didn’t charge me for the days without internet or landline connection.
So, with all that has happened, some much-deserved thank-you’s are in order. My gratitude to all the good folks who have helped me out with my issue with Globelines:
- My girlfriend Cristina, who has actually made it a habit of calling up Globe from her home and office, for keeping the pressure on even as she accompanied me to the service centers, and yes, for allowing me to mooch off some internet time from her place for a couple of days.
- Janette, who has not only provided some very useful information on consumer protection guidelines, but has also helped forward my issues to the head of customer services.
- Another friend of mine, Zandra, who had also pulled some strings to get my complaints heard by the right people.
- Everyone who has read my story (on this blog and on other blogs), shared their own experiences and shared it with others.