To be completely honest, I may have neglected this blog a bit- it’s been weeks since I last posted anything here. Mainly because I’ve been working on a few other projects these past couple of months.
The good thing is that is has given me a sort of clarity- an understanding of what this blog is supposed to be in the grand order of things.
I was just reading Aaron Wall’s SEO Book the other day (which is a highly recommended read, if you haven’t checked it out yet), and it sorta gave me an idea of how to go about fixing up my site.
Simply put, I have to consider three very basic things:
1. Who’s my target audience? Or more like, who would I want my blog to appeal to?
2. What do I plan to offer? Exactly what kind of content do I plan to put in “The Life and Times of The Renzie Man?”
3. What makes this blog different from all the millions of other blogs out there?
Those things considered, lemme go ahead and figure out what this blog really is all about. Here we go…
My Intended Target Market.
Who do I want to talk to? I want to reach out to an online audience who’d like to know how it is to live in the Philippines, from the point of a 30-something dude. That means reaching out to all kinds of travellers, locals interested in the bachelor lifestyle, my fellow Filipinos abroad who’d like to have a glimpse of home, and pretty much anyone genuinely interested in me- though I can’t imagine who, and exactly what kind of people those would be :).
What Kind of Content Would Be in this Blog?
This blog is a personal blog masquerading as a lifestyle-oriented piece of work. So while it is definitely something for shameless self-promotion, it aims to share useful tips, articles and opinions along the lines of…
- Bachelor Living in Metro Manila.
- Living Life Easier – Work-life Balance Tips and other useful bits of info to get the most out of our 24 hours a day.
- Workplace Woes and Worries- Don’t quit your day job- but don’t let your life revolve around work either.
- A Healthier Lifestyle- my attempt at losing the extra weight at least.
- Fun in Metro Manila- where to dine out, great spas to visit, local destinations, etc.
- My current projects
- Making money online- a little extra cash is always good, wouldn’t you agree?
- What I’m into- again, it’s all about me.
My Unique Selling Proposition.
The truth is, the blog is all about me, and therefore, I am selling me. This blog represents one of my first efforts in blogging. It is a true online journal of me and my little misadventures, not some blog meant positioned towards a particular niche. Of course I will come up with a concept blog from time to time, or pursue some online project- yeah, I’ll be linking it up here, so anyone who’s also interested can also check it out.
Now that I’ve pretty much figured it out, let’s get back to blogging now, shall we?