The following post originally came out in one of my other blogs, “Blog. Blogger. Bloggest!”. Check out the rest of that blog for more insights on the world of blogs and blogging. Particularly useful for you who are just starting to blog, and those wanting to build better blogs. Enjoy!
I suppose it doesn’t matter whether you’ve only just begun or if you’ve been at it for a while. There are some rather basic things we can all come back to from time to time. Here are a few tips to consider if you’re seriously into blogging.
1. Write now. When you have the urge to hammer away at a keyboard and churn out some words- go right ahead- there’s no better time than right now!
2. Write regularly. It’s all about setting a rhythm- not only for your readers, but also for yourself!
3. Focus. Know what you want to write about and stick to it. If you want to write about something else, well you can always have another blog 🙂
4. Let your personality show. Your blog is all about you!
5. Write for your target audience. Can’t please everybody. At least appeal to the kind of people you want to keep coming back.
6. Offer something fresh. This is where the effort comes in. Or sheer luck. You never know when an idea is going to be big, right? So keep those ideas comin’.
7. Be neighborly. If you want others to read your blog, read others’ blogs too. Drop a comment, interact and even cross-promote! All about the linkage, baby!
8. Instead of writing long, looongg paragraphs, stick to short ones. Makes it a lot easier to read, and it’s easier on the eyes.
9. People love lists!
Of course, I’d sure love to hear your ideas and tips as well. So do let me know what you think!
Bloggers of the world, unite!