The following post originally came out in one of my other blogs, “Blog. Blogger. Bloggest!”. Check out the rest of that blog for more insights on the world of blogs and blogging. Particularly useful for you who are just starting to blog, and those wanting to build better blogs. Enjoy!
One thing I noticed back at that Bloggers’ Mix-up was that, apart from blogging, everyone was trying to capture the moment somehow.
You had at least 5 or 6 cameras on at any given time, taking pictures not only of everyone who was there, but pretty much taking pictures of things that caught their attention- like Juned’s Asus Eee PC at the time.
At another table across the room was Azrael capturing the whole occasion on video through his laptop, and even interviewing guests for his internet show.
Being the newbie blogger that I was, I was watching everything unfold before me, soaking up on the experience. What I did realize was that, being a blogger means you would eventually get yourself into:
1. Digital Photography (so yeah, this is my first assignment for myself. So I have to bring a camera with me wherever I go. That’s a pic of my cat- Chloe.)
2. Digital Audio-video: viral videos and podcasts (I think I can already do podcasts- being a radio dude. Still learning how to do viral vids.)
3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) (This I’m already learning actively now. Thus the blogs.)
4. Programming. (I admit, this will probably be the hardest for me, since I’m not exactly the IT-oriented type.)
5. Photoshop. (I admit, I’m not exactly the most artistic dude in the neighborhood. But I suppose learning the basics will still be well worth it.)
And probably any other marketable skills you can imagine overlapping into your blogging lifestyle.
The event was a melding pot of talent and creativity. I like it that ideas were continuously sloshing around- everyone contributing and sharing and discussing with everyone else.
So for all of you who’d want to get into blogging, there you have it- get ready to get into a whole new bunch of crafts, and not just blogging.
As for me, well it seems that I may have to get myself a decent SLR soon enough. Give me a few weeks to save up for one.🙂